- Communications audit
- Brand personality and tone of voice development
- Tone of voice guidelines
- One-day tone of voice workshops at HQ and beyond
- Ongoing copywriting and strategic support
Girlguiding UK writes content for many channels and various audiences – including more than 500,000 members around the UK. With their internal editorial team recently disbanded, they urgently needed some clear standards for how that content should sound. They knew the quality of their communications was patchy, and not reflecting the spirit or personality of Girlguiding today.
So they asked for our help in creating a single source of truth for voice and style – a set of guidelines that would become the agreed standard for writing well for Girlguiding.
The initial request for a tone of voice document led to broader and more impactful work, including:
1. Discovery: an organisation-wide communications audit, as well as working with stakeholders to develop a brand personality and voice
2. Development: creating comprehensive, practical tone of voice and style guidelines for everyone to use
3. Creating change: ongoing workshops with virtually every team in Girlguiding’s London head office, as well as groups around the country
4. Ongoing support: editorial and strategic advice on a variety communications projects
In the words of Mark Gorman, commissioning manager:
“What we were hoping for was a best-in-class tone of voice document and house style guidelines. What we actually got from Enough Said was much, much more. They helped us to understand our personality, and this informed all the work that came afterwards. Their internal stakeholder work was second to none – this made sure the people who would be using the document felt ownership of the tone of voice and that there was top-down buy-in and support. And this helped us to instil the purpose of the document as something that runs across all the work we do.
Their ability to understand a complex organisation like ours and manoeuvre some of the challenges within that was very impressive.
Essentially, they created a lasting change of culture across the organisation.”
If you’re thinking of working with Enough Said, do it. It’s an investment that your organisation will reap the rewards from ten times over, and for many years to come.