Our work with Girlguiding has included:
- A communications audit
- Brand personality and tone of voice development
- Tone of voice and style guidelines
- One-day tone of voice workshops at HQ and beyond
- Ongoing copywriting and strategic support
- Creating new brand messaging and a refreshed tone of voice as part of the 2023 rebrand
If you’re thinking of working with Enough Said, do it. It’s an investment that your organisation will reap the rewards from ten times over, and for many years to come.
Girlguiding UK writes for many channels and to various audiences – including almost 400,000 girls and volunteers around the UK. With their internal editorial team recently disbanded, they urgently needed some clear standards for how that content should sound. They knew the quality of their communications was patchy, and not reflecting the spirit or personality of Girlguiding today.
So they asked for our help in creating a single source of truth for voice and style – a set of guidelines that would become the agreed standard for writing well for Girlguiding.
- Discovery: an organisation-wide communications audit, as well as working with stakeholders to develop a brand personality and voice
- Development: creating comprehensive, practical tone of voice and style guidelines for everyone to use
- Creating change: ongoing workshops with virtually every team in Girlguiding’s London head office, as well as groups around the country
- Ongoing support: editorial and strategic advice on a variety communications projects
Since our initial work on tone of voice, we’ve also helped Girlguiding shape a new brand language (narrative and tone of voice) to reflect and enhance their 2023 rebrand.
Our work moved the organisation from having an intranet structured along lines of the business hierarchy to one based on the actual needs of employees.
The push towards keeping things lean, clear and useful has paid off. Around 90% of employees now use the intranet, now called the Hub, every month – an enormous jump from the previous platform. People have easily been able to figure out how things work. And the technical manager has seen a noticeable drop in people struggling to find information – 99% of people are finding what they’re looking for and enjoying using the platform. There’s a lot more engagement, too, with lots of likes and comments on blogs and articles.
In the words of one intranet user: “The Hub is a huge improvement on the old intranet. It is up to date and I love reading the blogs. Information is easy to find and apps are easily accessible.”